You can make a Will:
- by a Bank,
- you can ‘Do It Yourself’ or
- there are lots of Will Writing Companies
So why should you choose a ‘Solicitor’ to make a Will?
Here are just a few reasons….
Solicitors are legally qualified and have had the necessary training in order to produce a Will which carries out your wishes. A Solicitor can also look at your estate and provide advice on things like inheritance tax or discuss whether Trusts maybe beneficial for estate planning purposes or to protect a vulnerable beneficiary.
Will Writing is Unregulated
The area of Will Writing is an unregulated activity, this means anyone can make a Will even those who are not legally trained!!
Will Writing Companies are not law firms and may not have any legal training.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Law Firms must have Professional Indemnity Insurance, which means that in the unlikely event a claim had to be made your beneficiaries could make a claim for compensation.
Yes, you can visit places like WH Smiths or places online to create your own Will, but looking at the size of your estate is it worth creating your own Will which may or may not be valid or may or may not carry out your wishes?
Solicitors are Regulated
As Will Writing Companies are unregulated, they are not accountable to a professional body, unlike Law Firms who are bound by strict regulations by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Legal Requirements on Law Firms
Law Firms are bound by strict rules on how Wills are stored and if a Law Firm merged with another firm or closed down the Solicitors Regulation Authority would always have a record of where the Law Firms documents are stored.
Why Use Sutton & Co Solicitors?
- Fixed Fee Price Promise
- Estate Planning Advice provided
- Free Will Storage for Life
- Quick Turn around time on Wills
- Your work will be carried out by a Solicitor who is a Full Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioner (STEP)
- Your work will be carried out by a Full Accredited Member of the Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- We are an accredited member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS)
- We are an accredited member of Lexcel - the Law Society's legal practice quality mark for demonstrating excellence in legal practice management and client care
Mrs Harpreet Talwar is Head of the Private Client Department and is the Full Member of STEP and Full Accredited Member of SFE